Logging Into the Tel-One Web Portal
Most basic Voicemail functions can be accessed via your Tel-One VoIP phone. However, more complex features like downloading recordings and setting up Follow me queues can only be done on line. In addition, people who get large numbers of emails might find it more convenient to manage them online.
To access your Tel-One web portal, go to: https://XXXXX.callingcloud.net (Replace the ”XXXXXX” with your customer designation – this will be provided to you in your Welcome email from Voice Carrier, or can be gotten from your company Administrator).
→ Tip: If you are on your own computer, check the Remember Password box for instant access to the user portal the next time you visit.
Changing your Password
We recommend that you change your Tel-One extension password immediately. To do this, select Settings in the left side menu and enter your new password twice in the password interaction. (Don’t forget to click Update below to save the change.)
If you forget your password, send an email to: email@example.com for assistance.
Managing Voicemail via the Web Portal
To manage your voicemail from the web portal, first log into the web portal.
Then, select Voicemail in the left side menu to go the the Voicemail interaction. From this interaction, you can:
- Search for messages using caller’s Caller ID
- Select a message or messages using the check boxes, and then:
- Delete it from your mailbox
- Move it to another folder (Family, Friends or Work)
- Forward it
- Email it as a .wav file
- Playback a message on your computer
- Playback a message to your extension (Tel-One will dial your phone and play the recording)
- Download the file to your computer as a .wav file.
How to use Virtual Faxing
Once your vFax system has been set up, there are only a few more steps you have to take before you can use vFax. Before you start, you will need the following:
- a web browser connected to the Internet
- the email address of your admin account (as given to the Voice Carrier representative who set up your vFax system)
- a “test” fax file in postscript (.ps), PDF (.pdf), TIFF (.tif), or Plain Text (.txt) format
a fax machine to send a test fax to (you can send a fax to any fax machine with a
- working fax number).
To get your vFax password:
- In your web browser’s address bar, enter https:///fax/index.php (Please replace with the URL that was given to you by your technical support representative)
- You should then see the vFax portal entry page:
- Click on “Lost your Password?”
- You will then see the Lost your Password interaction:
- Enter your admin email address, and click the “Send Password” button. Your new vFax password will be sent to this email account shortly.
Once you’ve received your new password, you can proceed to sending and getting faxes. Test your new vFax by following the steps below, using your test fax and test destination number.
To send a vFax:
- Go to the vFax portal, at https:///fax/index.php (Please replace with the URL that was given to you by your technical support representative).
- Log in using your username (“admin”) and the password sent to your admin account. You will see the Voice Carrier vFax
To send a vFax:
- Click “Send Fax” in the top menu You will see the Send Fax interaction
- Enter the number of the destination fax machine. To enter multiple numbers, separate them with a semicolon, for example: 4155551212; 2125558648
- Select the files you wish to fax by clicking on the “Browse” button next to “Select the files to FAX”. Voice Carrier vFax currently supports .ps, txt, tif, pdfand formats.
- Uncheck the box next to “Use cover page:”
- Click on the “Send” button.
To receive a vFax
You can also receive faxes using the Voice Carrier system. Your Voice Carrier account can be configured with a virtual fax number. Faxes sent to this number will be converted to PDF and sent as an attachment to up to three specified email addresses. Contact your technical support representative to discuss this option.
Dialing into your Voicemail box / Mailbox Menu
There are three ways to dial into your Tel-One calling Cloud mailbox:
- From your VoIP/SIP phone, press the Message button, or, if you don’t have a Message button, press *97 (and Send). Key in your voicemail password at the prompt.
- From a different extension phone, press *98 (and Send). At the prompt, key in your extension number and voicemail password.
- From your mobile phone (or any other outside phone), call your phone number (including any extension). When your voicemail greeting plays, press * (the star key) and key in your voicemail password.
Follow the Menu below to navigate your mailbox:
Recording your Voice Mail Greeting
To customize your Tel-One mailbox:
- Dial into the mailbox from your extension phone, either:
- Press the Message button, or
- Press *97 and press Send
- Enter the voicemail password assigned to you.
- Once in the mailbox menu, press 0 for mailbox options
- Then press:
- 1 to record your “Unavailable” Greeting
- 2 to record a different “Busy” Greeting (optional … only if you want to play a different “I’m on another line” message when you’re tied up with another call)
- 3 to record your name (to be used in the Directory, if applicable).