What is VoIP?
Can I make conference calls?
What calls don't use my Internet connection?
What Additional Options Are Available With My Tel-One Cloud PBX Phone System?
- Additional simultaneous calls
- Additional telephones
- Toll Free Numbers
- Different kinds of telephones including cordless phones
- Limited Emergency Calling Services
- Fax lines or Internet Fax service
Can I have additional local numbers?
Can I have remote telephones?
How fast should my Internet connection be?
You need enough bandwidth to support the number of simultaneous calls you need. If you want to make ten calls at the same time, you should have a 1.5Mbit Internet connection in both directions. If you have a connection with 1.5Mbit down and 768Kbit up, you can only make five simultaneous calls, because the uplink speed is the limiting factor.
You phone quality and bandwidth requirements will also vary if you have many computers using the same internet connection.
Can I keep my phone number if I leave Tel-One?
Can people reach employee extensions directly?
Can I have a toll-free (800) number?
Who owns my phone number?
What is Bandwidth?
What is Jitter?
Why is VoIP on the market now?
Can I use my credit card machine?
Can other things I am doing on my network interfere with my telephone calls?
Can I have an Automated Attendant With a Professionally Recorded Greeting?
If you prefer a more polished presentation, Tel-One can have your greetings professionally recorded for you. There is a small charge for this service. There may be additional charges for IVR systems that are bigger or more complex.
Can I have a vanity number like 1-800-FLOWERS?
Can I make emergency calls?
If your Internet connection is down, you won’t be able to make any outgoing calls, including emergency calls, with a Tel-One Cloud PBX system. We recommend you not rely on any VoIP service, including Tel-One, for emergency calling. You should keep a landline for calls for emergency services.
Can I keep my current number? Can I move my number to Tel-One?
What kind of telephones do I need?
What kind of call uses my Internet connection?
Can I send and receive fax documents?
Is the Tel-One Network reliable?
- High Capacity – designed to handle 100% of call traffic during peak-load conditions.
- Redundant Databases – back-up copies files of your PBX configuration and call records is always ready.
- Local Diversity – Redundant servers and facilities are provisioned in each site to provide local protection against failure.
- Geographic Diversity – redundant servers are located in multiple U.S. locations, plus Europe.
- Carrier Diversity – multiple SIP trunk providers are used to connect our customers to the Public Switched Telephone Network (PSTN).
What is Packet loss?
Can I call people who have regular telephones?
Does Tel-One provide Internet connections?
How do I make sure calls get priority on my network?
Can I manage my own extension?
Can I record calls?
What counts as a call?
- talking with someone from your telephone to a phone at their office.
- talking with someone from your telephone to a phone at their home.
- talking with someone from your telephone to their cell phone.
- talking from your cell phone to a telephone in your office.
- talking from your office telephone with someone on another telephone in your office.
- keeping a caller on hold.
- checking your voicemail from a telephone which is not a Tel-One extension.
- a caller listening to your company automated attendant.
- every caller from a non-Tel-One extension which calls in to participate in a conference call.
What do I do while my telephone numbers are being moved?
What telephones can I purchase from Tel-One?
What features does my Tel-One office system have?
A Tel-One Cloud PBX system supplies any feature you need. Here is a partial list of the features of your Cloud PBX:
- Online Account Management
- Review Payment History
- Review Call History by Extension
- Assign and Manage Extensions
- Conference Calling
- Assign Features by Extension
- IVR Configurable Menus and Personalized Messages
- Interactive Voicemail Configuration
- Forward Voicemail to Email
- Forward Text Email messages as Voicemail
- Personalized Name Announcement
- Personalized Greeting
- Three-Way Calling
- Speed Dial
- Call Forwarding and Following
- Simultaneous Ring
- Call Waiting
- Caller ID with Name
- Call Return (*69)
- Caller ID Block (*67)
- Anonymous Call Rejection (ACR)
- Do Not Disturb (*78)
- Last Number Redial
- Local Numbers
- International Local Numbers
- 800 Numbers
- Fax via VoIP
- ATAs and SIP Phones
- Soft-Phone Compatible